A Guide to Toasting the Bride & Groom
- Tell them how glad you are to be celebrating the day with them.
- Thank any special people for hosting the event (ex. parents, family, etc.)
Share a story about them before they met the other person:
- Start with how you met & share the first impression you had about them
- Tell what you have been through together since meeting (traveling, jobs, sports teams, etc.)
Share a story about them after they met the other person.
- Tell how he / she changed for the better due to the other person's good qualities
- If you remember the first time he / she told you about the other person, share that story here
Throw in some humor.
- Share a funny, but safe story about your friend
- Warn the bride/ groom about a bad habit the other person may have
* keep these in good humor & family-friendly
- Share how happy you are that they have found (bride / groom's name) & wish them a lifetime of happiness