Our Top Online Tools for Managing a Wedding Planning Business
Today's post is for all of my fellow wedding planners & aspiring wedding planners. Over the past year, I have really honed in on Jubilee processes. I want everyone's experience to be personalized, but consistent. Though these programs may not work for everyone, they have been great for me.
1. Quickbooks- It allows me to keep track of estimates, invoices, expenses & taxes. When it comes time to do the dreaded small business, self-employed tax it makes it easy.
2. Trello- The BEST free project management app I have used yet. It is easy to understand, set up, set due dates, and house processes and workflows to keep me on track when day to day tasks get busy. (Katelyn James did a great tutorial on Trello, watch it here.)
3. Squarespace- I used to be a huge advocate for Wordpress, but recently I dove head first into squarespace and absolutely LOVE it! The website platform is simplified, doesn't require any coding & their app makes it easy to edit on the go. (Elle & Co has many tutorials on her blog for building a squarespace website)
4. Aisle Planner- Aisle Planner is my go-to for keeping track of my brides & their planning progress. You can personalize it to your brand and access it from anywhere since it is an online program. I give my partial & full planning clients access to the portal, where we are able to collaborate on:
- Planning checklists
- Design Studio
- Budget Tracking
- Guest Tracking
- Seating Arrangements
- Vendor Management
5. Illustrator, Photoshop & Indesign- We do a lot of custom design work for our brides & these Adobe programs allow us to create with endless possibilities. If you don't know where to start with them, there are many youtube tutorials out there to get you started.
6. Mailchimp- Easily build lists to send newsletters to your current brides, vendor friends & potential brides. It is user friendly & can easily be incorporated into your squarespace website.
We always love to connect with other planners & creative entrepreneurs. Shoot us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and connect with us here: